Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Letter of Martyr Mahmudul Hossain from Bangladesh

A heart wrenching letter written on the hospital bed by brother Mahmudul Hossain, the 181st martyr of Bangladesh Islami Chatro Shibir, a few days before he passed away a martyr.

The letter is given as follows (in English translation)


MY THOUGHTS,

Whatever good deeds I have done in my life, they are few in number. And the weight of (my) bad deeds is (a lot) heavier. However, I find solace in fact that I have always had deep faith and reliance upon Allah. And I always loved the Islamic movement (with my) heart and soul. So today my wish is that Allah grant me optimum “Hayaat” (life span) such that I can mould myself into a slave (of the Almighty) who is worthy of the Jannah and spend my life in being part of the struggle to establish Allah’s Deen (Islam) on Allah’s Land.


The seeds of the establishment of the Deen (Islam) that have been planted in this green (fertile) land will one day grow into a self sustaining tree. Throughout the time required for this transformation, thousands of leaves will fall; each single leaf a single shaheed (martyr). However, these leaves will remain evergreen forever, for martyrs do not die; they never ever die. They remain immortal by the Grace of Allah.

Remember me in your Dua’as to the Almighty.

Ma’assalam,
Mahmudul Hossain,
Noakhali                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
The original Bangla letter written by the martyr..............

আমার অনুভূতি

জীবনে যতটুকু ভালো কাজ করেছি, তা সামান্য। আর খারাপের পাল্লাটা অনেক ভারি। তবে সান্ত্বনা হল আল্লাহর প্রতি অগাধ বিশ্বাস ও নির্ভরতা ছিল। আর ইসলামী আন্দোলনকে আমি মনে প্রাণে ভালবাসতাম। তাই আজ আমার আল্লাহর কাছে আমার চাওয়া যেন আল্লাহ্‌ আমাকে উত্তম হায়াত দান করেন যাতে আমি জান্নাত উপযোগী বান্দা হতে পারি এবং আল্লাহর এই জমিনে তার দ্বীন কায়েমের কাজে আজীবন অংশ নিতে পারি।

সবুজ এই ভূখণ্ডে দ্বীন কায়েমের যে বীজ রোপিত হয়েছে তা একদিন স্বয়ংসম্পূর্ণ বৃক্ষে পরিণত হবে। যে সময় লাগবে তাতে ঝরবে হাজারো পাতা, আর এই ঝরা পাতাগুলো হল একেকজন শহীদ। কিন্তু এই পাতাগুলো থাকবে তাজা, কেননা শহীদেরা মরে না, মরে না কখনো। বেচে থাকে চিরজীবন আল্লাহর কুদরতে।

সবাই আমার জন্য আল্লাহর কাছে দোয়া করবেন।

মা-আসসালাম,
মাহমুদুল হোসাইন
নোয়াখালী।

No comments:

Post a Comment